On Saturday February 19 we visited the Salem Music Center. We were accompanied by three professionals – Fuad, a music teacher from Tel Aviv-Yaffa, Ram – principal of Tel Aviv’s art high school, and Ruti – head of that school’s music department.
The occasion was the opening of a second school year at the Center, absorbing a second cohort of students in addition to last year’s students who continue their work (see here for a description of the first year’s graduation concert). Some challenges facing the Center in its second year:
- Moving from the local council building to a rented building dedicated solely to Center activities;
- Expanding the teacher staff to accommodate the additional students;
- Expanding the deepening the relationships with professionals in Israel and abroad;
- Deepening the commitment and involvement of student families, including a larger financial participation in covering costs;
- Expanding the donor base to enable the increase in activities.
If you are interested in getting involved and supporting, please do not hesitate to contact us. We have a new email address: email@example.com.
Or contact Mr. Jubier Ishteh, the Center’s founder and director: firstname.lastname@example.org, or the administrative and financial manager, Fadi Ishteh: email@example.com.
All the best,