Israeli heavy machinery at work today (19.3.09), destroying a local Palestinian well belongs to the residents of Umm al-Kheir.
The machine is creating a new road; possibly a patrol road, around the new neighborhood settlement of Carmel in south Mt. Hebron.
The Bedouin families of Umm al-Kheir- refugees of the 1948 war, who have lived in this place for more then 55 years, are finding themselves more and more uncomfortable with their newer and very close neighbors from Carmel.
The Israeli government declared much of Umm al-Kheir lands as ‘state lands’, leaving it for the exclusive use of the settlers, who are step by step
closing on some 100 people who live by their side. The new road is the latest in this series of strangulation measures.